Employee Spotlight - March 2021
This month's Employee spotlight features:
1. How long have you worked at Arizona Research Center?
10 months as of 2/15/2021
2. What is your role at Arizona Research Center?
Clinical Research Coordinator
3. Before working at Arizona Research Center, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I worked for a start-up that created a smart device app to help streamline on call consultations. With this app physicians are able to view the real-time patient chart and respond HIPAA-compliantly to a patient-centric consult request. I trained physicians one-on-one how to use our product. This is where I really fell in love with healthcare.
4. What is your favorite part about working at AZRC?
My favorite part about working at Arizona Research Center is the amount of care each staff member puts into Arizona Research Center.
I am very interested in clinical research. It’s not just a job. I went out of my way to get here. It means a lot to me that I am at a facility where it is obvious that the mission is well supported. I’ve learned so much from everyone here.
It is also appreciated that Arizona Research Center cares about their staff on a personal level. There is a sense of family here. Gestures like decorating desks for birthdays and the approachability of all staff, regardless of level, are just a few examples.
5. What would be your dream vacation?
I would like to wander around the Irish Countryside. I have seen it on a study abroad trip briefly. It is beautiful and I would love to go back.
6. What is one interesting/unique thing that most people would not know about you?
I think most people know it by now but … I hate chocolate.
7. Do you have a go to karaoke song? If so, what is it?
If you count singing in your car karaoke…Bad Medicine by Bon Jovi
8. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a meteorologist! I like storms, particularly thunderstorms.
9. What is your best personality trait?
Nice/Friendly and/or Determined – Hard question to answer yourself – I asked my boyfriend
10. What phrase are you known for at work?
Not sure of a phrase but a lot of people know it’s me coming down the hallway because of my “on a mission” footsteps
11. What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
A new wardrobe! I enjoy fashion quite a bit.
12. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Having hair/fuzz/lint on anything – I am obsessive with lint rollers – I always lint roll before I leave the house.
13. Who’s your celebrity crush?
14. What is your favorite movie of all time?
I am much more attached to a TV series – I absolutely love “The Wire.”
15. What TV show/movie are you ashamed to admit you love?
N/A – I really don’t like trash TV. I tried hard to answer this question and I’ve got nothing.