This month's Employee spotlight features:
Dr. Louise Taber
1. How long have you worked at Arizona Research Center?
Since May 16, 2011
2. What is your role at Arizona Research Center?
Principal Investigator, Subinvestigator and Medical Director.
3. Before working at Arizona Research Center, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I worked for the City of New York briefly in 1972, matching computer printouts of neonatal expenses with payments for their Medicaid program. Horrendous amounts of money were spent on these cases, particularly for premature births of drug-addicted mothers.
4. What is your favorite part about working at AZRC?
The freedom to do my job the best way possible, as part of the awesome team here.
5. What would be your dream vacation?
I’ve already been blessed with several. My favorite was a two-week vacation in the South Pacific, including Tahiti, Bora Bora and Moorea, staying in an individual over-the-water bungalow with my family for my 50th birthday and 30th wedding anniversary.
6. What is one interesting/unique thing that most people would not know about you?
I’m second generation American, 17th generation Canadian, with English as my second language.
7. Do you have a go to karaoke song? If so, what is it?
8. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A nurse, stewardess and mom. My daughter Jasmine says I just want to take care of people.
9. What is your best personality trait?
My attention to detail, or as some people say, my obsessive-compulsive, neurotic behavior.
10. What phrase are you known for at work?
“Don’t throw that away! Recycle it.” OR “Do you know how many calories there are in that?”
11. What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
A 2020 red Tesla Model S P100 Long Range sedan. I miss my Model S!
12. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Having time wasted
13. Who’s your celebrity crush?
14. What is your favorite movie of all time?
15. What TV show/movie are you ashamed to admit you love?
White Chicks. Not ashamed, particularly, but I sure get teased about it. But then, my second favorite is Baseketball, so that doesn’t help.