Employee Spotlight - January 2019
This month's Employee spotlight features:
1. How long have you worked at Arizona Research Center?
I can’t remember exactly how long I’ve worked at AZRC but I think it was three years in October.
2. What is your role at Arizona Research Center?
I work part time creating all the source documents for the different studies. Source documents outline what needs to be performed at each visit according to the different protocols and give study coordinators a place to record accurate information about each subject during the study.
3. Before working at Arizona Research Center, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
The most fun job I’ve ever had was as a Christmas gift wrapper at ZCMI department store!
Right after graduating with my Masters Degree and still single I worked as a monitor doing research for prescription drug to otc drug switches for Pegus Research in SLC, Utah. I was in charge of the Kansas City and Dallas areas and it was fun to travel and meet new people.
4. What is your favorite part about working at AZRC?
I really enjoy working with all the different people at AZRC—all are so accomplished and smart with many different strengths and skills. Everyone cares about each other and the success of the company. Working here has made me a better person!
5. What would be your dream vacation?
My dream vacation would be to visit Ireland and Scotland and stay in an old castle. I’d also like to visit Alaska in the summer. I enjoy seeing new places and people. My favorite place is Florence, Italy and Cairns, Australia. I also love spending time with my 4 dogs and 3 kids. We all went RV'ing over spring break to see Zions National Park and Coronado, California.
6. What is one interesting/unique thing that most people would not know about you?
I love reading historical fiction: All the Light We Cannot See, the Book Thief, Gone with the Wind, Pocahontas, Orphan Train, and Poisonwood Bible are some of my favorites.
7. If you had to pick a song that represents you, what would it be?
Secrets by Mary Lambert
8. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was a kid I wanted to be a concert pianist, writer or a statistician. Right now I’m working on photography. My kids and I spend a lot of playing and performing music together.
9. What is your best personality trait?
One of my best personality traits is tenacity—hanging in there and never giving up even when things get hard.
10. What phrase are you known for at work?
I don't have one.
11. What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
12. What is your biggest pet peeve?
My biggest pet peeve is when people don’t clean up after themselves.
13. Who’s your celebrity crush?
14. What is your favorite movie of all time?
PBS Pride and Prejudice
15. What TV show/movie are you ashamed to admit you love?
I really am ashamed to admit that I love watching foreign films with subtitles—especially Korean/Chinese dramas: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon; Life, Stranger and 9 Time Travels are my latest binge watches.