This month's Employee spotlight features:
Jasmine Taber, CCRC
1. How long have you worked at Arizona Research Center?
I’ve been working at AZRC for a little over four years now.
2. What is your role at Arizona Research Center?
I’m a certified clinical research coordinator.
3. Before working at Arizona Research Center, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I’m not sure. I think every job is interesting in its own way. Especially if you are new to the field so that you get the opportunity to really learn something new. I sold knives in college, which was a pretty unusual experience.
4. What is your favorite part about working at AZRC?
This is hardly an original answer, but in all honesty it’s my coworkers. We have a great group of people here with a variety of personalities and I’m quite fond of them.
5. Best vacation you’ve been on?
I have been pretty privileged in my life and have been on some amazing vacations so to choose a favorite is pretty hard. I will go with a family trip to Bora Bora when I was in high school (I think I was in high school, anyway). It has to be the most beautiful place I have ever seen. It had the extra bonus of being my first time surrounded by people who did not speak my language as they predominately speak French there.
6. Do you have a favorite quote?
Can’t say that I do, no.
7. Do you have an office nickname? What is it?
My office nickname is the same nickname I’ve had all my life, Jazzy.
8. If you were stuck on an island what three things would you bring?
I’m going to cheat and assume the island has food and water. So therefore I would bring my phone (that magically does not die), my dogs, and sunscreen because I burn like nobody’s business.
9. Three words to best describe you:
Loyal, Geeky, and Kind. I’m a hufflepuff.
10. What celebrity do people think you look like?
No one’s ever said so probably none.
11. What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
I would buy my own house, with a really high fence because my dog can jump anything under 6ft.
12. What is your biggest pet peeve?
This is a hard one. I’m going to go with things not being in order.
13. What is your hidden talent?
I don’t know if this is a talent or particularly hidden but I love movies and am pretty good at movie trivia.
14. What one food do you wish had zero calories?
I’ve gone back and forth between if I should say “bread” or “cheese” and in the end decided on cheese, because I love it and it goes with nearly everything.
15. What TV show/movie are you ashamed to admit you love?
I’m pretty open about the stuff I like, even if it’s terrible, so I’ll go with Say Yes to the Dress on TLC.